Chartered Financial Planner
Gareth’s career in financial services began in a UK retail bank over 30 years ago.
From there, he left to become a Sales Manager for a major life and investment company before forming Gem & Co in 1999.
Gareth is a specialist in all areas of financial planning, including pensions, investments and tax planning.
Gareth typically works with professionals, senior executives and business owners who are looking to delegate. His clients are usually in the run up to retirement and looking to move away from corporate life, or already in retirement and looking to organise their wealth into a sustainable income.
Family is important to Gareth; he enjoys spending time with his wife, triplet children, their cockapoo Mickey and wider family.
Gareth spends his spare time strength training and is a passionate rugby fan.
He enjoys rock music and has been known to go to the occasional Simple Minds, Stereophonics and Kaiser Chiefs concert.
- Long walks with my dog Mickey
- Listening to music in my car – maybe too loudly!
- Sitting down with my family on a Sunday for a roast
- Observing architecture in European capital cities
- Crowded gyms
- My daughter’s taste in music – all show tunes
- Mobile phones at the dinner table instead of conversation
- Slow tech – or worse, broken tech!
All regulated financial advisers must be authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and therefore appear on their register. You can find Gareth’s entry here.
Furthermore, all advisers must have an up-to-date Statement of Professional Standing (SPS). This shows they are suitably qualified and have carried out the required amount of Continuous Professional Development (CPD). You should be wary of any advisers who refuse to provide copies of their SPS. You can click here to view Gareth’s.
- Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning
- Diploma in Financial Planning
- Certificate in Financial Planning
- Certificate in Equity Release
- Certificate in Mortgage Advice
- Certificate in Financial Planning and Lifetime Mortgage Activities
- Certificate in Life & Pensions
“Gareth listened with knowledge and took time to understand my requirements and expectations. He has always given honest, trusted advice and I have been beyond happy with the advice given - without fault! Cannot recommend Gareth or Gem more.”
“Gareth has set me up with a short, medium and long-term plan. I now have goals and objectives in life, and this enables me to focus on the future. Gareth is brilliant and has been exceptionally helpful.”
“Gareth totally understood our situation and needs from the very start. He planned and executed a clear investment strategy that has helped us to retire early. We feel totally reassured in the knowledge that our ongoing financial situation is in excellent hands. Gareth's knowledge and integrity has restored our faith in financial advisers! We could not recommend him highly enough.”